Google Fit (Android Device Users):
Samsung devices are distinguished from other android-compatible devices because Samsung does not integrate directly with Google Fit. Therefore, a third-party app is required to sync data from Samsung Health to Google Fit.
Samsung Health > Third Party App > Google Fit > Motion Connected app (or EHP Healthy Choice app)
Samsung Health via Third Party App:
Before you get started, you will need to have the Motion Connected (or the EHP Healthy Choice app) and Samsung Health apps installed on your Android smartphone.
- Download the Google Fit app from the Play Store and open the app to setup your Google Fit account. When asked, do not turn on activity tracking because it can interfere with data from Samsung Health.
- Download a third-party app that connects Samsung Health data to Google Fit.
- Recently Samsung and Google paired together to develop the Health Connect app which allows the connection between Samsung Health and Google Fit.
- Samsung users have also had success with the “Health Sync” app. Please note: the Health Sync app is free for a trial period and will require purchase to use after the trial period has ended ($0.99 per 6 months or one time $2.99).
- Follow the instructions for your third party app to allow Samsung Health data to sync to Google Fit.
- Open the settings page of the Motion Connected app (or EHP Healthy Choice app) and Sign in with Google then toggle on “Enable Link” to connect to your Google Fit account.
*Detailed instructions from the web on setting up Health Connect available here .
*Detailed instructions from the web on setting up Health Sync available here .
Apple Health (iPhone Device Users):
According to Samsung, you can can connect your Samsung device using the Gear companion app in iOS 9 or later. Try the following steps to get that set up:
- Pair your Samsung Watch with your iPhone if you have not already: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- Download Samsung's Gear companion app from the iOS App Store: Samsung Galaxy Watch (Gear S) on the App Store.
- When you install and set up the Gear companion app, your iPhone should automatically ask if you want to allow it to share data with the Health app per Collect health and fitness data on iPhone - Apple Support.
- Open the settings page of the Motion Connected app (or EHP Healthy Choice app) and toggle on “Link Apple Health” to connect to your Apple Health data.