How Motion Connected Receives Your Activity Data
Garmin and Fitbit
For participants using a Garmin or Fitbit device, once the account is linked on the Link Device page of the Motion Connected (EHP) platform, the data syncing process is fully automatic and cannot be manually forced. For Garmin and Fitbit devices, the data syncing process looks like this:
Data recorded by Gamin or Fitbit device -> data syncs to the Garmin/Fitbit app -> the Garmin/Fitbit app stores the data on the phone -> the Garmin/Fitbit app uploads the data to the Garmin/Fitbit web servers (data will show in your online Garmin/Fitbit account (website) at this time) -> Garmin/Fitbit notifies Motion Connected there is new data in the account -> data syncs to Motion Connected during the next data pull cycle.
*Motion Connected is not able to access activity data from Garmin or Fitbit until the signal has been released from Garmin or Fitbit verifying new data has been uploaded to the online account (web server).
Apple Health and Google Fit
Participants who are using the Motion Connected (or EHP Healthy Choice) app to sync activity data from Apple Health or Google Fit should see new data sync every time the Motion Connected app is opened as long as this setting is enabled in the Settings tab of the Motion Connected app.
Participants who are not using an activity device listed above will first need to link the device to Apple Health (iPhone) or Google Fit (Android). The Motion Connected app must be downloaded in order to link to Apple Health or Google Fit. Once the data has synced to Apple Health or Google Fit, Motion Connected can access this data via the Settings tab in the Motion Connected app.
- Most activity tracking devices store activity data for up to 14 days. Motion Connected recommends participants open any relevant apps at least once per week to ensure data is syncing from the device to the device account.
- Motion Connected cannot access data prior to the Motion Connected account activation date.
- Data starts syncing the day the device link has bee made to Motion Connected. If older data is available, and the Motion Connected account was active during this time, the support team can be contacted to request the older data.
- If activity data does not sync to the online Garmin or Fitbit accounts for more than two weeks (data is held in the app but not pushed to the web server), when Garmin or Fitbit get your data they will only notify Motion Connected of the last 2 weeks worth of data. Any data older than that will not automatically sync.
- If you have more than one activity data source linked to your account you will only receive credit for the higher activity (for each metric) between the multiple sources (data will not be combined).
EHP Healthy Choice App
EHP Healthy Choice App The EHP Healthy Choice app is the mobile version of the EHP Healthy Choice website. With the app, you have full access to your Healthy Choice account right from the palm of your hand. Access important program updates from your ...
Fitbit Data not Syncing to Motion Connected
If you have linked your Fitbit and Motion Connected accounts and your data is not syncing between them You can use the information below to help troubleshoot. First check your connection to your Fitbit account on your Activity Device page. You should ...
Garmin Data not Syncing to Motion Connected
If you linked your Garmin account to Motion Connected but your data is not syncing to your Motion Connected Dashboard, follow the steps below to help troubleshoot the problem. 1. Is your data syncing to your Garmin app? Open the Garmin Connect app on ...
Motion Connected App
Motion Connected App What is the Motion Connected app? The Motion Connected app is the mobile version of the Motion Connected platform. With the app you have full access to your Motion Connected account right from the palm of your hand. Access ...
How Fitbit Data Syncs to Motion Connected
Data recorded prior to the day you link your Fitbit account to Motion Connected will not automatically sync to your Motion Connected account. Below are the details on how Motion Connected gets activity data from the Fitbit system. Please note that ...