Garmin Data not Syncing to Motion Connected
If you linked your Garmin account to Motion Connected but your data is not syncing to your Motion Connected Dashboard, you can use the information below to help troubleshoot.
- Check your connection to Garmin on the Link Device page in your Motion Connected account.
- Verify that there is a message indicating that you are linked to Garmin.
- If there is an error message displayed, re-link your Garmin account making sure to allow all permissions and allow up to 2 hours for data to start syncing.
- Login to your Garmin account at connect.garmin.com (not the app)
- Verify that your activity device is paired and your data appears on the Garmin website. Then, find your scenario below to view next steps.
- Recent activity data is missing on the Garmin site- the data might not have reached Garmin's servers yet. Open your Garmin Connect app to prompt Garmin to push the data. Note: activity data must first sync to your online Garmin Connect account before Motion Connected servers can access it.
- Activity data appears on the Garmin site- has it been less than 24 hours since data last synced to your Motion Connected account? If so, this most likely indicates that everything is in order. Please check your Motion Connected account again in 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Motion Connected account.
- Go to the Link Device Page.
- Disconnect from Garmin, then re-connect, making sure to allow all permissions.
- Allow up to 24 hours for data to start syncing.
- Activity data appears in the Garmin Connect app but not on the Garmin site- most often this occurs when someone unintentionally creates more than one Garmin account. To determine which email address is associated with the Garmin account you are logged into on your Garmin Connect app, follow the steps below.
- On iPhone: Login to your Garmin app and select More, then tap on the Settings tab. Tap on Profile & Privacy, then scroll down and tap on Manage Garmin Account (this should open a web browser on your phone with your Garmin account settings) to verify the email address. This is the username associated with this Garmin account.
- On Android: Login to your Garmin app and select the 3 lines in the top left, then tap on the Settings tab. Scroll down and tap on Device Sync Audit. Your registered email address will appear at the top. This is the username associated with this Garmin account.
- Contact our support team (email@example.com) for additional troubleshooting on this issue. Provide information on what you discovered using the above troubleshooting so that we can begin troubleshooting from there.
If you do not know your Garmin account information or cannot get your data to upload to your Garmin app or online account you can contact the Garmin support team at 1-800-800-1020 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
If your device is not linked you can click here for linking instructions: Linking an Activity Tracking Device
How Motion Connected Receives Your Activity Data
Garmin and Fitbit For participants using a Garmin or Fitbit device, once the account is linked on the Link Device page of the Motion Connected (EHP) platform, the data syncing process is fully automatic and cannot be manually forced. For Garmin and ...
How Garmin Data Syncs to Motion Connected
Data recorded prior to the day you link your Garmin account to Motion Connected will not automatically sync to your Motion Connected account. Motion Connected pulls data from Garmin every two (2) minutes. The connection with a Garmin account/device ...
Fitbit Data not Syncing to Motion Connected
If you have linked your Fitbit and Motion Connected accounts and your data is not syncing between them you can use the information below to help troubleshoot. 1. Check your connection to your Fitbit account on your Link Device page. You should ...
Motion Connected App
Motion Connected App What is the Motion Connected app? The Motion Connected app is the mobile version of the Motion Connected platform. With the app you have full access to your Motion Connected account right from the palm of your hand. Access ...
Motion Connected Platform Tour
Use this platform tour article and video* to learn the ins and outs of the Motion Connected app! *Please note: Motion Connected programs vary by organization. The images below may vary slightly from what you see when logged in to your account. ...