Custom Activity Challenge
Looking to challenge yourself or your team? Be more active? Achieve new goals?
There are several different types of challenges available to do all of the above! Build and manage a challenge via your Motion Connected account's Challenges page.
Custom activity challenges are fun to participate in and a great way to compete with your coworkers using a friendly, activity-based platform.
Building a custom challenge can be done in 3 easy steps:
1. Pick a challenge type – Choose what type of challenge you want to build (Goal or Best).
2. Pick a statistic to track – Choose what to track and what format to track it in.
3. Invite participants – Invite members of team or organization to compete in your challenge.
More in-depth details on this process can be found below.
Step-by-Step Challenge Building
- Select: “Click here to start a new activity challenge”.
- Select Your Tracking Method: A challenge can be made in two different formats: Goal or Best. A goal challenge is used to challenge participants to achieve a specific goal based on the available metrics (steps, distance, or active minutes). A best challenge is used to compete for the best reading of the selected metric within a specified time period.
- After picking your tracking method, name your challenge
and select a challenge image or icon. You can choose one of the
provided images or upload one of your own. Add your challenge
comments or description and pick the start and end dates for the
- Pick the statistic to be tracked: Steps and distance challenges are used
to challenge participants based on the number of steps taken, or
amount of distance covered, during the challenge duration.
- Active Minute Challenges: These challenges setup to use the active minutes data recorded by your device. Active minutes are different from standard movement minutes as they represent movement that is above and beyond normal daily activity. In order to accumulate active minutes, your device must detect and record activity for ten (10) or more consecutive minutes without stopping. This activity must also meet or exceed a moderate intensity level as calculated by your device.
- Determine how the data will be gathered. Challenges can be made to track the average statistic per day or a total at the end.
- Once all the needed information is completed click Create Challenge.
Managing an Activity challenge is done from the account that the challenge was created in. The additional management functions are available through the Invite, and Edit buttons that show below the challenge on the challenges page. These functions allow you to invite other people to participate in the challenge and edit the challenge.
Invites are sent by clicking the invite button, selecting a group (community) from the drop down menu and checking the names of the people you want to participate, and clicking the Invite button. This will send emails to the selected members registered email address inviting them to join your challenge. The email invite will include the instructions on how they can manually join the challenge.
The Edit Button
This button allows you to edit the details and settings for the challenge. This takes you to a screen just like the challenge creation screen where you can change every aspect of the challenge. Clicking the Update Challenge button at the bottom of the page will save any changes, while the Cancel button will discard changes.
Custom Weight Challenge
Building a custom weight challenge can be done in 3 easy steps: Pick a challenge type – Choose what type of challenge you want to build (Weight Loss or Maintain). Pick the challenges dates Invite participants – Invite members of team or ...
Activity Tracking Options
Link your Fitbit or Garmin account to Motion Connected or use the Apple Health app, on iPhones, or the Google Fit app, on Android phones, to pull data from some of your favorite devices including Apple Watch, Misfit, Withings, Polar and more. ...
How Motion Connected Receives Your Activity Data
Garmin and Fitbit For participants using a Garmin or Fitbit device, once the account is linked on the Link Device page of the Motion Connected (EHP) platform, the data syncing process is fully automatic and cannot be manually forced. For Garmin and ...
About the Motion Connected Challenges
Looking to challenge yourself? Motivate yourself to be more active and achieve new goals? There are several different types of challenges available to do just that on the Challenges page of your account. You can build your own custom challenges or ...
Motion Connected Platform Tour
Use this platform tour article and video* to learn the ins and outs of the Motion Connected app! *Please note: Motion Connected programs vary by organization. The images below may vary slightly from what you see when logged in to your account. ...