Use Your Smartphone to Track Activity
If you want to track your activity but don’t have a Fitbit or Garmin activity tracking device, you can use your smartphone to record basic stats like steps, distance, and calories burned.
- Go to www.fitbit.com/app to see if your phone is compatible.
- If your smartphone is compatible, download the Fitbit app to your mobile device.
- Tap “Join Fitbit.”
- Select “No Fitbit Yet?”
- Message displays “Fitbit would like to access your motion and fitness activity” –click YES.
- Message displays “Your iPhone 5S can start tracking the basics with Mobile Track.”
- Select “Set up phone.”
- Enter height, weight, DOB, name, email and password.
- If you already have a Fitbit account, log into the app and tap or click the Account icon . Choose the option for setting up a new device and follow the MobileTrack instructions.
- Once your Fitbit account is active, login to your Motion Connectedaccount. Choose “Activity Device” from the left side menu bar then click the “Link to Fitbit” button. Enter your Fitbit account username and password and allow all preferences when prompted.
- Your data will automatically post in your Motion Connectedaccount any time you sync to your Fitbit account. (NOTE: Syncing requires that you open your Fitbit app a minimum of once every 7 days.)
Follow this link for more information: MobileTrack Instructions