How Data Syncs to Motion Connected:
Data is uploaded to the Motion Connected wellness platform through a multi-step process, and identifying where this process failed is the first step to fixing issues with data not syncing.
- The data first uploads from your activity device to its manufacturer's platform (Fitbit, Garmin, Apple)
- Depending on your device and how your syncing it this step can vary greatly
- This is commonly done through an app (Fitbit, Garmin Connect, Apple Health) which may store the data on your phone and not upload it to the online servers immediately.
- The Motion Connected system is then notified of the new data.
- Motion Connected then pulls that data into your account on a regularly scheduled interval
To troubleshoot why your data isn't syncing start in your Motion Connected account and work back towards your device through the process above to find were the issue is.
First, in your Motion Connected account make sure your device is linked on the Activity Device page. For Garmin or Apple Watch users you should see a message indicating that you are linked to Garmin or using MC Link. For Fitbit users you should the list of devices linked to your Fitbit account along with their serial numbers and last seen date, note the last seen date is the last time that device uploaded data to Fitbit.
If your device is linked to your Motion Connected account, the next step is to check your Device account. For Fitbit or Garmin users login to your account at Fitbit.com or connect.garmin.com respectively and check to see if your device and data are showing there. For Apple Watch users open your MC Link app and check to see if you see your data there.
Most Common Causes of Missing Data:
In most instances when data is missing from a Motion Connected account it is caused by either not being linked to your activity device or being linked to the wrong device account (Fitbit or Garmin). This is corrected by linking to your device or correct device account on the Activity Device page of your Motion Connected account.
The other common cause of missing data is the data not being uploaded to your Device account. This is often the result of a defective device and additional support (including warranty coverage) can be obtained from the device manufacturer.