What is it? The MC Link app, developed by Motion Connected, allows Apple Watch users to apply their activity data to their Motion Connected supported wellness platform account. The MC Link app works in collaboration with your iPhone’s Apple Health app.
- To begin using the MC link app, open the App Store on your Apple iPhone and search for “MC Link.”
- Download and install the MC Link app.
- When you open the app, you will be prompted to log in to your wellness platform account.
- Upon successful log in, you will be presented with the basic MC Link view.
- After you have installed and signed into the MC Link app, login to your wellness platform account.
- Go to your Activity Device page and click the “Use MC Link” button. (NOTE: this button will only show if you do not have any other device types linked to your account, you may only be linked to ONE device at a time. Please unlink your Garmin or Fitbit if you wish to use Apple Watch.)
- Success! You’re linked.
Using the MC Link App:
- RECOMMENDED: To set up automatic send functionality click on Settings in the app, and swipe to turn on the Automatic Upload feature. This feature will automatically refresh your data and send it to our platform each time the MC Link app is opened.
- RECOMMENDED: It is recommended that you turn off the fitness tracking feature of your IPhone as this can interfere with your Apple Watch activity data in the Health app. This is done under settings -> Privacy -> Motion & Fitness.
- Data will only be stored in the MC Link app for 30 days. You must open the app at least every 30 days to send data to the wellness platform.
- If you choose not to use the automatic send functionality, the round Refresh button will access your latest Apple activity data and display it in the MC Link app. To send data manually to our platform, simply click on the date you wish to send.
*note that the MC Link app will not show up as an app on your Apple Watch. It is loaded on and runs from your IPhone only.
*A printable version (with Pictures) of these instructions can be found attached to this article